Afghanistan has been at war with a varietiy of counties for several years. It was at war with Russia, then with itself and now with the United States and Britain, alongside several other United Nations counties.
- It has a 35% unemployment rate
- The average wage is about US$1000 per year.
- 36% of the country live in absolute poverty – i.e. they can’t afford basic necessities like food.
- Most of the population do not have regular access to water or electricity.
- It is dependent on world aid in order to maintain any economy at all.