This topic considers the meaning of death, and the afterlife. It also explores the reasonableness of such belief, as well as the problems created by it.
- ideas of what would count as immortality – reincarnation, resurrection, rebirth, a legacy, as a memory of others;
- the problems associated with any of these options of immortality;
- evidence of immortality, such as scriptural accounts, ghost experience, channelling, Near Death Experience, revelation;
- evidence against immortality, such as lack of proof, science, atheism;
- the concept of dualism, and the mind/body/soul debate, including its impact on how we define death, and issues raised by people thinking of themselves as a combination of these entities.
VIEW ON-LINE TEXTBOOK